1 .Only members are allowed to enter the Library.
2. Temporary membership to visit/consult the Library can be obtained through prescribed form endorsed by the Librarian.
3. Silence shall be observed strictly in the Library.
4.Strict discipline must be maintained in the Library. Indiscipline may lead to
disciplinary action and the library privileges may be withdrawn.
5. Students shall produce their identity card at the entrance.
6. Students shall sign in the entry register at the entrance of the Library.
7. Newspapers and Periodicals are issued against Library cards for reading in
the library. Journals will be issued for current reading in the library only.
8. Personal books, files and articles will be allowed inside the Library. The students are advised to take care of their belongings.
9. The visitors are advised not sleep, smoke or spit in any part of the library.
10. Before entering the library students must switch off their cell phones.
11. Bringing packet foods, drinks, sachet inside the library building is prohibited.
12. The Administration reserves the right to suspend the membership privilege of any member on account of misbehaving with the library staff or for indecent behaviour.
Book Issue Rules:
1. The students can obtain their library borrowing tickets on production of ID card issued by the university. The number of borrowing tickets issued to the students is as follows. One Book will be issued against one Reader’s Ticket.
University Teachers 6 borrowing tickets
University/ College students 4 borrowing tickets
University Staff 2 borrowing tickets
2. Books other than reference books will be issued to student members on loan for a period of 15 days.
3. Reference books will not be issued; but are available for study within the Library.
4. Tearing of sheets from books and newspapers is strictly prohibited and is punishable.
5. Members must satisfy themselves whether the books are in good condition, before they leave the counter. If any damage is noticed, the same must be immediately intimated. Otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage.
6. Students are required to handle books and reading material very carefully. Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case, the last borrower will be held responsible unless he shows the Librarian at the time of issue that the book had been previously marked or damaged. In the event of damage of any kind, the last borrower will be liable to compensate for damage.
7. Reader’s ticket must be renewed every semester/ year as notified.
8. Membership card is non-transferable. Students must not lend their Readers Ticket to any other student to borrow books from the Library. Library facilities will be withdrawn for students misusing cards.
9. In case a student loses his/ her Reader’s Ticket then the student should report the loss of ticket immediately to the librarian and apply for a Duplicate card on the prescribed form available at the Library Counter by paying Rs. 20/- per ticket.
Book Returning Rules
1.When Books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the counter. On returning the books, if pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall accordingly be fined.
2. In case a Reader loses a book he/ she should replace the book. In case the book cannot be replaced; Two times of the current price of the book will be paid by the borrower. In case of a foreign publications the present conversion rates of USD, GBP or Euro to Rupees will be applied.
Fine amount rules:
1. If the students do not return the Library Books on or before the due date stamped on the date slip attached in the book depriving
2. Incase of default in the return of books, Rs.1/- per day per book will be levied as overdue charges. Incase of default in the return of CD-ROM, Rs.5/- per day will be levied. All holidays will be included in arriving at the number of days of overdue.
3. In the event of any book being lost, it shall be replaced by another copy by the concerned and overdue charges will be levied. In case the borrower is unable to replace, twice the cost of the book at present market rate and overdue charges, if any, will be levied from the borrower.
4. Students should return all the books and surrender library borrowing tickets on completion of the year/semester and obtain “No Dues Certificate”.
5. The “No Dues Certificate” will be issued to student only after he/ she has returned all the Library books and cleared all library dues.
Cyberspace Rules – Do not use the computers to do the following:
1. Playing Games & access to worthless web sites is prohibited.
2. Do not hack any password or website. It’s a punishable offence under section 161-4 IT act. Govt. of India.
3. Do not install or uninstall any program or service in any computer. This is only a preserve of the Librarian.
4. If any device of the computer is not working, do not try to fix it. Kindly report to the librarian or to the IT person in charge.
5. You are allowed to use the computer for a time allocated by the librarian. If need be you can be asked to give others opportunity to use the computers.
6. Do not send jobs for printing, it is not allowed within the cyber. If necessary contact the library staff.
Note: Violation of these Rules will call for punitive action against the erring student.